This www.levitradosageus24.com buy viagra soft online invaluable art book is available on Kindle as well as paperback.
You are here
FOCUS AREAS OF OPERATION
The YLC has three focus areas of operation. These are:
- the Yoruba Language Acquisition (YLA) Unit
- the Research and Material Development (RMD)Unit
- the Service(s) Unit
The Yorùbá Language Acquisition Unit
This Unit has two sub-units as follows:
- Yoruba as a Foreign Language (YFL)
- Yoruba as a Second Language (YSL)
a) Yorùbá as a Foreign Language (YFL)
This sub-unit presently runs three programmes whose major difference lies basically in the mode of operation as well as target group. These are:
- The Yoruba Language and Culture African Language Initiative (AFLI) Programme
- The Group Project Abroad (GPA) Advanced Overseas Yoruba Language Summer Intensive Programme
- The Yoruba Language Special Proficiency (YLSP) Programme
The AFLI programme is a fall-term programme of study for undergraduate and postgraduate students from U.S. colleges and universities funded by NSEP/Boren scholarships through American Councils for International Education.
The GPA is a summer programme of study for undergraduate and postgraduate students from U.S. colleges and universities funded by the Fulbright-Hays through the U.S. Department of Education in Washington DC. and the University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida.
The YLSP develops proficiency skills in Yorùbá at the novice, intermediate, advanced and superior levels for foreign learners apart from the AFLI and GPA students.
b) Yorùbá as a Second Language (YSL)
This sub-unit develops and executes a YSL programme along the same lines as the YLSP for Nigerians whose mother-tongues are not Yorùbá.
The Research and Material Development Unit
This unit performs the following functions:
- Carries out extensive research on Yorùbá language pedagogy with reference to the teaching and learning of Yorùbá as a foreign language and as a second language as well as Yorùbá culture; vocabulary expansion in Yorùbá; Yorùbá lexicography; translation theory and practice as well as translation management.
- Develops appropriate curricula and provides syllabuses, course materials and all other materials that are relevant to the various needs of the Centre.
The Services Unit
This unit renders professional services and support services as follows:
a) Professional services
- Mounts proficiency courses in Yorùbá for interested students and groups (evening classes, and during vacations).
- Designs and mounts in-service certificate courses for broadcasters and other categories of workers.
- Designs and mounts acculturation programmes for second language learners of Yorùbá from other parts of the country (Colleges of Education and Universities) and outside the country (heritage children and others).
- Designs and mounts training programmes in the use of technical terminologies (for legislative, judicial, State and Local Government, NGO staff, etc.).
b) Support services
This Unit, which draws upon the expertise available in the other Units of the Centre, renders support services such as:
- secretariat services (e.g communications, computer/ICT)
- administrative services
- logistical services (fieldwork, accommodation etc.)
- documentary services (library and records)
- translation and transcription services etc.